Aubameyang heads to China??

Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang-PointingSmiling-170718-Ge-300

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang said Sunday that he was the subject of a big-money offer from China, but his club Borussia Dortmund insist he will not leave this season.

Aubameyang, who is under contract until 2020, confirms in Sunday’s edition of Die Welt that there was an offer from an unnamed Chinese club, but Dortmund have said he will not leave in 2017/18.

The 28-year-old had been linked to China’s Tianjin Quanjin, who last month signed French striker Anthony Modeste from Dortmund’s rivals Cologne in a deal reportedly worth 35 million euros ($41.2m).

“Yes, I had an offer. But I think the Chinese were hard pressed to submit a bid to Borussia Dortmund,” said Aubameyang.

“I think the structures are still not as professional as in Europe.”

And the Gabon international admits he was tempted.

“It is normal that you think about it, if so much money is offered,” he said.

“I know that many people have said that you can not go to China, because the football (there) is a step back.

 

“Man U likely to sign Bale”….Mourinho

Jose Mourinho says he will push for Gareth Bale’s signature if the Welsh star is left out of Real Madrid’s team in Tuesday’s Super Cup fixture against Manchester United, with Zinedine Zidane only adding further edge to the story by turning down three opportunities to definitively say the winger would be staying.

Image result

The possibility of the 28-year-old going to Old Trafford this summer has never gone away and been frequently mooted by sources close to both clubs, with many believing the Spanish champions would be willing to sell if they eventually bring in Monaco’s Kylian Mbappe.

That could take the decision out of Bale’s hands, even though he had made it clear he wants to stay in Madrid and fight for his place, at least for another year. It is however also known that Old Trafford would be his top preference were he to leave, and some close to United feel that Mourinho’s comments were primarily directed at Bale himself to try and force the situation.

False figures in circulation on Anambra killing

Different reports has emerged over the recent killings in Anambra each bearing contradicting contents. While some say 11 are dead so far, another claims 47 died. But  before this sudden outbreak of fabricated stories on the incidence, the State’s commissioner had already issued an official statement t. This was minutes after the  shooting , which has now as sunrise reporters discovered, claimed at least 18 lives when unknown armed assailants invaded St. Philip Catholic Church Amakwa Ozobulu in Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra State. The rampaging gun men shot at worshippers during an early morning mass in the church killing 6 females and 1 male while four persons sustained various degrees of injuries.

Image may contain: one or more people

The questions on the lips of readers today is; which report then is accurate? Why the contradictions?

Investigations is still on-going. Anambra police claims it has arrested some of the culprits, as it continues to search for the rest

 

New Quit Notice in the Middle Belt

A group of middle belt youths known as Middle Belt Renaissance Forum has ordered all herdsmen to vacate their region before October 1, 2017 or face total war.
Image result for middle belt Nigeria
 The youths went on to distance themselves from the quit notice issued by northern youths mandating Igbos to vacate the northern region by October 1, Leadership reports. The group made their position known following the outcome of a meeting in Abuja which held over the weekend. The was attended by representatives of youth groups from all the states making up the middle belt region discussed extensively topical issues confronting the area.

Lauretta Onochie, Reno Omokri trade words

Lauretta Onochie, the Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Social Media, and Reno Omokri, the former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, have traded words over comments on Buhari’s health.

Image result for Lauretta Onochie

Onochie, while featuring on Channels TV’s Politics Today hosted by Seun Okinbaloye said: “For the life of me, I have no idea why anybody would disrespect another by asking for the details of their health status. As we speak, we have an acting president.

“As we speak, President Buhari seems to be like a private citizen at the moment. We have no right and it is very disrespectful for anyone to ask for his health status. In the UK where I came from nobody would release anybody’s health record to another, not even the members of their family unless the person decides to approve.

“On the social media, the president is well loved by Nigerians. I come across a lot of Nigerians who wish him well.

“The prerogative to speak on his ailment lies only on President Buhari. If he chooses, it is a choice. It is very disrespectful and very intrusive. We are intruding into his private rights. He has rights too as a citizen of Nigeria. Anybody can get ill, it is not something planned.

“The president is receiving medical care in the UK, Nigerians are praying for him. They want him to get well. Governance is going well, the economy is improving. We are nearly out of recession

However, Omokri and several Nigerians swiftly tackled Onochie through the social media.

Omokri said: “Isn’t the Presidency ashamed to call President Muhammadu Buhari ‘a private citizen’?

“He is staying at ‘Abuja House’ not ‘Buhari’s House and Nigerians are paying for his treatment. He is NOT a private citizen.

“Yesterday he released a statement condemning the Ozubulu massacre and assuring us of our safety. These all show that he is NOT a private citizen.

“Nigeria is tired of a part time President. Nigeria is tired of a freelance President. Nigeria is tired of a private citizen President!”

 

Milan kidnap case: Chloe Ayling was to be ‘sold in Middle East’

 

A British model who was allegedly held captive by a gang in Italy was told she would be sold in the Middle East “for sex”, her lawyer has said.

Image result for Chloe Ayling

Francesco Peschi also told the BBC how Chloe Ayling, 20, had been acting under duress when she was taken shopping by her captor before she was freed.

Ms Ayling was allegedly kidnapped by a group calling itself Black Death before she was released five days later.

She came home on Sunday, 26 days after she flew to Milan for a photo shoot.

Handcuffed

There, Italian police say she was attacked by two men, drugged with ketamine and abducted, apparently to be sold in an online auction.

It is alleged the kidnappers attempted to sell the model online for £230,000 and demanded her agent paid a ransom fee.

Mr Peschi said Ms Ayling, from Coulsdon, south London, was told she was to be “sold to somebody in the Middle East for sex”.

He said she had gone shopping with her captor because she had been threatened with death.

“She was told that people were there watching her and were ready to kill her if she tried anything,” he said.

“So she thought that the best idea was to go along with it and be nice to her captor, because he told her he wanted to release her somehow and some time.”

Speaking on Sunday, Ms Ayling said she feared for her life throughout the “terrifying experience”.

“I’m incredibly grateful to the Italian and UK authorities for all they have done to secure my safe release.”

Investigations into the case are being carried out by authorities in Italy, Poland and the UK.

Italian Police say she was transported in a car to a house in Borgial, north west of Turin, where she was handcuffed to a wooden chest of drawers in a bedroom for six days.

She was finally released after being taken to the British consulate in Milan, Italian officials say.

The officers said they had arrested Polish national Lukasz Herba, who lives in Oldbury in the West Midlands, on kidnapping charges.

The UK’s National Crime Agency said it had been working with the East Midlands Special Operations Unit (EMSOU) and the Italian authorities.

A spokesman said: “A house in the Oldbury area linked to Lukasz Pawel Herba was searched on 18 July by EMSOU officers with assistance from West Midlands Police.

“Computer equipment seized is being forensically examined.”

Credit: bbc.com